625 St.Clair Ave. West
For fastest replies just call, emails are checked infrequently
*~~Special hours this Labour Day long weekend~~*
Please be advised, we'll be closed the following days;
**Friday Sept 3rd
**Saturday Sept 4th
Then Sunday and Monday closed as usual.
We do bike repairs.
We also sell a selection of useful accessories; helmets, bells, horns,fenders, tubes, tires, etc.
We will take virtually anything in for repair and do our best with it (even if its a piece of junk or its weird or whatever) when its not really economical we'll try to let you know ahead of time. That being said if you have an attachment to an older not so good condition bike we're happy to fix it up and clean it up for you. Also happy and able to work on just about anything else, so long as it fits in the front door!
We now have the capability to cut and thread spokes in virtually any length. Straight gage and double butted spokes available.
We're also good with nice bikes, we like those too.
2021 Store Hours
Tuesday: 10 am to 6 pm
Wednesday: 10 am to 6 pm
Thursday: 10 am to 6 pm
Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm
*** Please note for e-bike service prices listed are a starting point and not a typical price, e-bike service is much more complicated and labour intensive than a typical bicycle. ***
Tune-up - $75
- Front and rear gear adjustments, front and rear brake adjustments, bottom bracket adjustment (if possible), front and rear hub bearing adjustment, wheel truing, spoke replacement if necessary, chain and derailleur lubrication, minor cleanup on frame and wheels.
Unlike many other bike shops, we include a test ride at this price.
Tube replacement - $15 + cost of the tube
- Replace tube or tire or both in front or rear wheel, investigate cause of flat, inspect tire and wheel for damage.
*** Please note Dutch bikes and other bikes with simliarly enclosed chain cases labour will be at least $30 ***
Overhaul - $220 + new cables and housing mandatory
- Same as tune up but also includes front and rear hub overhauls, bottom bracket overhaul (where possible), drivetrain removal, clean and relubrication.
Bottom bracket overhaul or installation - $30 - $45
- Install, reinstall or overhaul bottom bracket. Price can vary if bottom bracket is really stuck in the frame.
Hub overhaul - $25
- Open up hubs remove ball bearings clean and regrease.
Gear adjustment - $15 - $25
- Adjust front or rear derailleur. Can sometimes require new cable + housing to get the job done correctly, not included.
Brake adjustment (rim brake) - $15
- Adjust rim brake. Can sometimes require new cable + housing to get the job done correctly, not included.
Brake adjustment (disc brake) - $15 - $35
- Adjust disc brake. Price varies on time needed to perform adjustment. Some disc brakes are very fussy, some are not.
Disc brake pad install - $25 - $35
- Install disc pads, includes adjustment. Half price with tune-up. Pads cost extra, pads for most brake caipers are around $25.
Wheel truing - $25 - $35
- Straighten wheels.
Spoke replacement - $30 + spoke
- Replace a spoke in a wheel and then true it.
Wheel build - $70 + parts
- Construct a wheel from scratch. Custom built wheels are stronger and more durable than off the shelf wheels, mostly due to the built in quality control when performed by a human. As opposed to the wheels built by robots. We measure and ensure that every wheel reaches appropiate spoke tension.
Fork installation - $40
- Set crown race, install star nut, cut steerer tube to customers specification.
Tape handlebar - $15 - $25
- Install new handlebar tape, extra cost if old tape needs to be scraped off.
Rack or accessory installation - $15 - $30
- Installation of rear rack or other similar accessories i.e fenders or front rack. No installation charge for things like bells, grips and other small accessories.